Galveston Crime Log
Police News Police News
- Pearl Harbor remembrance at Galveston Naval Museumby The Daily News on December 8, 2022 at 3:00 am
Staff and visitors at the Galveston Naval Museum paused Wednesday to remember the attack on the U.S. Navy base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, 81 years ago.
- League City council approves controversial library resolutionby The Daily News on December 7, 2022 at 5:45 am
The vote came during a marathon meeting at which 63 people spoke about the resolution; 53 of them opposed it, 10 spoke in favor of it.
- Trial over hit-and-run death of Galveston physician pushed to 2023by The Daily News on December 7, 2022 at 4:00 am
Logan Llewellyn, 21, of Seguin, is set to face trial in February for the death of Dr. Nancy Hughes.
- Nonprofits in old Galveston school building complain of short vacate warningby The Daily News on December 6, 2022 at 4:15 am
District officials, however, said they informed tenants about when they would have to vacate the Scott building as soon as that date was nailed down in October.
- Christmas cheer fills League City during Grand Night Paradeby The Daily News on December 6, 2022 at 2:45 am
League City was filled with the Holiday spirit Saturday night as the 25th annual Holiday in the Park Grand Night Parade rolled along Main Street. The parade was part of
- Disabled Hitchcock man at center of abuse charges dies in hospital, officials sayby The Daily News on December 5, 2022 at 8:12 pm
Edwin Colleson, 45, weighed only 70 pounds, suffered from severe muscular atrophy and was covered in bed sores and filth last week when he came to the attention of Hitchcock
- Student took gun to Ball High School on Monday, school officials sayby The Daily News on December 5, 2022 at 7:39 pm
The school did not have a lockdown, but was placed on hold, which means students were held in their rooms and hallways cleared, Fontenot said.
- 14 charged with solicitation of minors or prostitutes in police stingby The Daily News on December 4, 2022 at 6:15 pm
The operation was held over two days in partnership with the Texas Department of Public Safety, Galveston County Sheriff’s Office and Department of Homeland Security.
- Deadline for answers about mail theft and fraud passes quietlyby The Daily News on December 4, 2022 at 3:00 am
The Dec. 2 deadline set by U.S. Rep. Randy Weber and U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz regarding an inquiry into mail theft, sent to the Postal Service on Nov. 11.
- Hitchcock pair accused of tying disabled son to bedby The Daily News on December 3, 2022 at 4:00 am
A stepfather and mother are charged with injury to a disabled person after a 45-year-old man with the mental capacity of a 6-year-old was found weighing 70 pounds.
- Galveston ISD offers public last chance to view storied school buildingby The Daily News on December 3, 2022 at 3:00 am
Galveston Independent School District is inviting visitors to take one final walk around the Charles T. Scott building before demolition.
- Galveston laptop giveaway answers prayers for digital have-notsby The Daily News on December 2, 2022 at 4:15 am
The Rosenberg Library teamed up with a nonprofit to give away 1,500 laptops away to Galveston residents who lack access to internet.
- Texas City holds annual Christmas paradeby The Daily News on December 2, 2022 at 4:15 am
Texas City welcomed the holiday season Tuesday with the annual Texas City Christmas Parade.
- League City Police recover $500,000 in stolen property in theft ring arrestsby The Daily News on December 2, 2022 at 2:00 am
The four-month investigation started after the Aug. 10 burglary of a storage unit at Sports Shed Boat and RV Storage, 1520 Lawrence Road in Kemah, officers said.
- Slain Kemah man tried to intervene in shooting, sheriff's office saysby The Daily News on December 1, 2022 at 3:30 am
Richard Rocco, 55, was killed at the apartment complex where he lived when he tried to intervene as three men were shooting up an apartment, according to the Galveston County
- Man jailed on charges of dragging woman with car during purse theftby The Daily News on November 28, 2022 at 9:04 pm
A Houston resident was arrested after being charged with stealing a purse and dragging a woman 250 yards, authorities said.
- Coast Guard searching for missing 51-year-old boaterby The Daily News on November 28, 2022 at 5:07 pm
The man went missing after renting a boat at the Galveston Yacht Marina on Sunday.
- Galveston kicks off holidays with tree lightingby The Daily News on November 27, 2022 at 6:15 pm
Saengerfest Park in downtown Galveston was packed Saturday for the city’s official tree-lighting ceremony. Young musicians performed for the crowd and a lighted golf cart parade made its way through
- League City’s Nutcracker in the Park kicks off holiday eventsby The Daily News on November 27, 2022 at 2:28 pm
The annual Nutcracker in the Park was held Saturday at League Park in League City. The event, which kicked off the holiday events in the city, featured a Shop Small
- Grand Galvez tree lightingby The Daily News on November 26, 2022 at 4:30 am
Rainy weather didn’t dampen the holiday spirit Friday during the Grand Galvez’ annual Tree Lighting Ceremony.