Galveston Crime Log
Police News | The Daily News Police News | The Daily News
- Norwegian Cruises will call Galveston home starting in 2023by The Daily News on September 22, 2021 at 3:15 am
The third-largest cruise line in the world announced plans to sail out of Galveston in 2023. Local officials say there's still work to be done to make that happen.
- Police seeking information about shooting death of 19-year-old in Dickinsonby The Daily News on September 22, 2021 at 2:45 am
Madison Frazer was found shot in the back on 33rd Street in Dickinson early Tuesday.
- Dickinson school warns parents about TikTok vandalism 'challenge'by The Daily News on September 20, 2021 at 4:00 pm
A viral video challenge apparently led to some vandalism at Dickinson's junior high school.
- Question of the Week: Should the president be able to create federal mandates that require businesses to require employees to be vaccinated or submit to weekly COVID tests?by The Daily News on September 19, 2021 at 9:30 pm
President Joe Biden’s recent move to require millions of workers to get vaccinated or tested weekly could create avenues for more people to return to the office and return to
- Biden's COVID order provides cover, conflict for employers in Galveston Countyby The Daily News on September 18, 2021 at 3:30 am
Many large, local businesses still are waiting on exact guidance from the federal government on how they'll be required to enforce vaccine and testing rules.
- La Marque Middle School renamed Sarah Giles Middle Schoolby The Daily News on September 17, 2021 at 3:45 am
The new name was announced at the Texas City Independent School District Board of Trustees meeting Thursday.
- Popular Galveston fishing pier sustains another blow from stormby The Daily News on September 17, 2021 at 3:15 am
Part of the pier's T-head was ripped away by Hurricane Nicholas' wind and waves on Tuesday.
- Some mainland homes in Galveston County might be powerless until Sunday, company saysby The Daily News on September 16, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Some people in Texas City and La Marque might not have power back until Sunday evening, according to Texas-New Mexico Power.
- Hurricane Nicholas gives Galveston's West End beaches another batteringby The Daily News on September 16, 2021 at 3:45 am
After three storms damaged dunes and houses on the beach last year, Hurricane Nicholas has West Enders calling for investment.
- Power outages spark complaints about utility maintenance in Galvestonby The Daily News on September 16, 2021 at 3:15 am
Galveston Mayor Craig Brown said Nicholas' extended outages should prompt a conversation about prepping the local electric grid.
- Some Galveston County residents could be without power for daysby The Daily News on September 15, 2021 at 3:45 am
High winds damaged power lines across Galveston County, leaving thousands without electricity.
- Damage from Nicholas includes downed trees and power outages in Galveston Countyby The Daily News on September 14, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Widespread power outages, flooding, downed trees and signs made up most of the damage across Galveston County received as Hurricane Nicholas passed through the area last night and early this
- Rejecting city offer, Butler Longhorn Museum moving out of Walter Hall House in League Cityby The Daily News on September 14, 2021 at 4:53 am
The museum has struggled financially for years and was hurt by both Hurricane Harvey and the COVID pandemic.
- Galveston lawyer stopped, cited after scary stroll on seawall beachby The Daily News on September 13, 2021 at 11:49 pm
Someone called police about a masked man carrying a bloody knife on a Galveston beach. It was just a prank.
- Two arrested, charged in plant-based sales schemeby The Daily News on September 13, 2021 at 2:47 am
Police seized hundreds of plants and trees from two men arrested in Houston on Friday. The men are accused of using stolen credit cards to purchase plants from local businesses,
- Hurricane Nicholas Updates: With power out, many districts canceling school Wednesdayby The Daily News on September 12, 2021 at 5:36 pm
Check here for updates about Hurricane Nicholas from The Galveston County Daily News.
- Officials conducting autopsy after Bacliff girl's reported COVID deathby The Daily News on September 10, 2021 at 8:45 pm
Kali Cook's death isn't yet among the county's official count of COVID-related fatalities. Officials say more information is needed from an autopsy before that can happen.
- University leaders recommend Raimer drop interim title at UTMB in Galvestonby The Daily News on September 10, 2021 at 6:45 pm
Following a recommendation from the chancellor of the University of Texas System, Dr. Ben Raimer is set to become the fifth president of the University of Texas Medical Branch.
- After budget's passage, Galveston County's chief financial officer resignsby The Daily News on September 10, 2021 at 3:15 am
Brent Hartzell resigned as the county's chief financial officer Wednesday. He'd been in the position for less than two years.
- Kali Cook, Galveston County's youngest COVID fatality, was 'beautiful', mother saysby The Daily News on September 10, 2021 at 12:00 am
The child died in her sleep at home within hours of manifesting a slight fever, her mother said.