Galveston Crime Log
Police News | The Daily News Police News | The Daily News
- One injured in motorcycle crash on Harborside Driveby The Daily News on December 2, 2021 at 10:03 pm
A man on a motorcycle was sent to the hospital with injuries.
- Galveston-based Carnival ship helps retrieve injured boaterby The Daily News on December 2, 2021 at 10:03 pm
The captain of the sailboat called for help on Thursday morning. The Carnival Breeze responded.
- Police looking for bank robber in League Cityby The Daily News on December 2, 2021 at 10:03 pm
A man robbed a bank on S. Egret Bay Boulevard, and was last seen on St. Christopher Avenue.
- Man who fell out of car on Broadway identifiedby The Daily News on December 2, 2021 at 10:03 pm
The Galveston County Medical Examiner's Office identified the man as Pleasanton resident Lee Bosquez.
- Search continues for hit-and-run driver who struck deputy in Bacliffby The Daily News on December 2, 2021 at 10:03 pm
A sheriff's office deputy suffered minor injuries in the crash. He was struck by the side mirror of a pick-up truck.
- La Marque man charged with aggravated robbery in Galvestonby The Daily News on December 2, 2021 at 10:03 pm
A La Marque man is accused of taking part in the robbery of a Galveston convenience store.
- Family matters: Off-island exodus poses economic, cultural test for Galvestonby The Daily News on December 2, 2021 at 10:03 pm
The high cost of housing has pushed many families to communities where rents are cheaper or where they can buy more house for their buck. The flight, among other things,
- Longtime Daily News social columnist Frances Powell diesby The Daily News on December 2, 2021 at 10:03 pm
Frances Powell, who wrote the Galveston County Daily News social column for 30 years, died Sunday morning.
- COVID fallout, race tension loom over Salvation Army holiday fundraisingby The Daily News on December 2, 2021 at 10:03 pm
The Salvation Army is facing staffing challenges at the red kettle and, nationally, backlash over an internal document about race.
- Port of Galveston christens new police boatby The Daily News on December 2, 2021 at 10:03 pm
The port's new patrol boat was named after late officer Clay Garrison, who died earlier this year.
- Affidavit: Man called chaplain after stabbing wife to death in Texas City storeby The Daily News on December 2, 2021 at 10:03 pm
Brian Miller is accused of stabbing his estranged wife to death inside a Texas City store Monday evening.
- Fertitta Entertainment attempting to end $8.6 billion merger dealby The Daily News on December 2, 2021 at 8:00 pm
A Delaware company is threatening Fertitta Entertainment with litigation over the abrupt end to a merger plan announced earlier this year.
- UTMB lifts vaccination requirements after court orderby The Daily News on December 2, 2021 at 4:30 am
The medical branch informed employees and students Wednesday it would not enforce the vaccination requirement, according to a letter from President Dr. Ben Raimer.
- Deputies seek truck that ran over downed motorcyclist in San Leonby The Daily News on December 1, 2021 at 5:15 pm
The truck driver ran through a crash scene, into a man lying on the pavement, perhaps killing him, and kept going, deputies said.
- Couple in Texas City workplace homicide had filed to divorce, records showby The Daily News on November 30, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Brian Edward Miller, 58, was charged with murder and is being held at the Texas City jail on $250,000 bond, police said Tuesday morning.
- Woman dies while running across I-45 traffic, police sayby The Daily News on November 27, 2021 at 3:55 pm
The sheriff's office hadn't made any arrests as of Monday afternoon. The office still was investigating the incident
- In need of more cruise parking, Port of Galveston turns gaze to BMW siteby The Daily News on November 27, 2021 at 4:15 am
The pandemic and global supply chain snags have reduced the number of new cars coming into the Port of Galveston. With a demand for cruise parking coming, port officials hope
- World races to contain new COVID threat, the omicron variantby The Daily News on November 27, 2021 at 3:00 am
Nearly two years into the COVID-19 pandemic, the world raced Friday to contain a new coronavirus variant potentially more dangerous than the one that has fueled relentless waves of infection
- Tourism's double-edged sword: Galveston's major industry may also create affordability issuesby The Daily News on November 25, 2021 at 4:45 am
Short-term rentals have come under fire for taking both long-term rental units and owner-occupied houses off the market, driving inventory down and costs up in numerous ways. But the long-term
- One arrested after Texas City chase, crashby The Daily News on November 24, 2021 at 4:36 pm
A high-speed chase ended with a car reported stolen in Houston driving through the wall of a Jack in the Box restaurant.