Galveston Crime Log
Police News | The Daily News Police News | The Daily News
- Abbott prohibits governments from mandating masksby KERI HEATH The Daily News on May 18, 2021 at 6:02 pm
Gov. Greg Abbott orders most mask mandates to end by Friday.
- Woman accused of stealing $188K from Galveston businessby JOHN WAYNE FERGUSON The Daily News on May 18, 2021 at 12:00 am
A 30-year employee of a local business is accused of altering checks and pay stubs and stealing cash over the course of five years.
- Baytown man drowns off Texas City Dikeby JOHN WAYNE FERGUSON The Daily News on May 17, 2021 at 7:45 pm
A 23-year-old man disappeared in Galveston Bay on Sunday morning while fishing on a sandbar.
- Galveston County gears up for big Jeep Weekend crowdsby JOHN WAYNE FERGUSON The Daily News on May 17, 2021 at 12:00 am
People visiting Bolivar Peninsula this year should expect to see a large police presence, officials said.
- More than 200 arrested over the weekend on Bolivar Peninsulaby VALERIE WELLS Correspondent on May 17, 2021 at 12:00 am
The day was still young when that tally was taken, Galveston County Sheriff Henry Trochesset said.
- A pink hotel in Galveston? It isn't so unusualby JOHN WAYNE FERGUSON The Daily News on May 17, 2021 at 12:00 am
The Hotel Galvez is being painted pink by its new owner. History shows that might not be an unusual hue.
- Woman dies after fall from Crystal Beach elevatorby JOHN WAYNE FERGUSON The Daily News on May 15, 2021 at 1:00 am
Two women were injured in a 15-foot fall at a home on Bolivar Peninsula. One of them suffered a fatal head injury, Galveston County Sheriff Henry Trochesset said.
- Texas City principal victim in League City murder-suicideby MATT DEGROOD The Daily News on May 13, 2021 at 2:00 pm
The couple found dead had been engaged on a divorce proceeding, according to court records.
- Hotel Galvez sale finalized; new owner announces new nameby JOHN WAYNE FERGUSON The Daily News on May 13, 2021 at 12:00 am
Hotelier Mark Wyant announced Wednesday he had completed a purchase of the iconic property from the heirs of Galveston-born billionaire George P. Mitchell.
- Bacliff man gets 20 years for sexually abusing girlsby MATT DEGROOD The Daily News on May 12, 2021 at 6:35 pm
The man was arrested in 2019 on two counts of indecency with a child.
- Report of American National seeking buyer has huge local implications, insiders sayby LAURA ELDER The Daily News on May 12, 2021 at 2:29 pm
American National Insurance Co. had hired an investment bank to run an auction of the company and prospective buyers recently had been contacted to gauge their interest in a deal,
- Citing 'abnormalities,' losing Clear Creek ISD candidate seeks recountby MATT DEGROOD The Daily News on May 12, 2021 at 12:00 am
The request comes after an abnormally tense election between Christine Parizo and incumbent Jay Cunningham.
- Galveston asks to withhold body-cam video from slab arrestby JOHN WAYNE FERGUSON The Daily News on May 12, 2021 at 12:00 am
The Galveston Police Department has been criticized for its handling of a car club event in April. Now, the city wants to delay the release of video of an arrest
- Police tow more than 100 cars during slab weekendby KERI HEATH The Daily News on May 12, 2021 at 12:00 am
Traffic continued flowing for the most part this weekend during a slab car club event.
- Child drowned near 37th Street jetty, beach patrol saysby JOHN WAYNE FERGUSON The Daily News on May 12, 2021 at 12:00 am
An 8-year-old boy drowned after being caught in a rip current near a Seawall beach at 37th Street, officials said.
- Carnival plans to resume sailing from Galveston on July 3by JOHN WAYNE FERGUSON The Daily News on May 11, 2021 at 9:19 pm
The Port of Galveston could host the first U.S. cruises since March 2020, if Carnival's new plan for a return to business pans out.
- League City man charged in brother's 2019 deathby MATT DEGROOD The Daily News on May 11, 2021 at 3:00 am
Police arrested Jim McKee on Friday, officials said.
- Galveston County residents upset accused contractor might get probationby MATT DEGROOD The Daily News on May 11, 2021 at 12:00 am
Prosecutors argue a plea deal is the best they can do, given the difficulty of prosecuting contractor fraud cases.
- Question of the Week: How do you feel about Galveston Police's handling of the slab car event last week?by The Daily News on May 11, 2021 at 12:00 am
Members of local and state groups Wednesday demanded the Galveston Police Department change enforcement tactics after an April 24 slab car event drew claims of targeted enforcement and racial profiling
- One dead after fast food restaurant altercationby KERI HEATH The Daily News on May 10, 2021 at 3:00 am
Police said there was an altercation between an employee and customer.