Galveston Crime Log
Police News Police News
- Sea turtles released in Galvestonby The Daily News on March 24, 2023 at 3:30 am
More than 200 spectators lined the beach near 45th Street Thursday in Galveston to watch five sea turtles be released into the Gulf of Mexico.
- Woman held on $40,000 after drug bust, authorities sayby The Daily News on March 24, 2023 at 1:30 am
Officers reported finding 12 grams of methamphetamine, 44 grams of marijuana and 4.2 grams of Xanax, authorities said.
- Three teens hit by a car in Hitchcock school crosswalkby The Daily News on March 23, 2023 at 8:30 pm
The students were transported to a Galveston hospital with injuries that didn't appear to be life-threatening, officials said.
- Man arrested in connection to Galveston hit-and-run, authorities saidby The Daily News on March 23, 2023 at 6:20 pm
The arrest stems from a hit-and-run on Broadway in late February, police said.
- Friendswood man charged with murder in half-brother's deathby The Daily News on March 23, 2023 at 3:49 pm
An argument between two men escalated into a deadly stabbing, police allege.
- Man sought in Galveston homicide jailed in Harris County since March 7by The Daily News on March 22, 2023 at 10:30 pm
Police secured a murder charge against Sean O’ Connor Fitzgerald, 29, shortly after his father, Craig Fitzgerald, 65, was found dead at a residence in the 8000 block of Seawall
- Judge bumps Galveston man's bond to $1 million over safety concernsby The Daily News on March 22, 2023 at 3:45 am
Gino Jett Weedman-Sosa, 29, who earlier this year pleaded guilty to strangling a relative, was charged Saturday after being accused of dousing a woman with an unknown flammable liquid, police
- Police car in fatal crash displayed no lights, sirens, witnesses sayby The Daily News on March 22, 2023 at 3:30 am
The Galveston County Sheriff’s Office has tasked six investigators with determining how the crash happened when a Texas City officer responded to a call for assistance from the La Marque
- Galveston to consider steps to counter lack of affordable housingby The Daily News on March 22, 2023 at 3:30 am
Council Thursday will discuss the merits of dividing the redevelopment authority to better address the island's affordable-housing shortage.
- Man dies while vacationing on cruise from Galvestonby The Daily News on March 22, 2023 at 3:15 am
The man jumped from a high structure over the water and hit his head, leaving him unconscious, according to reports.
- Deputies investigate fatal crash involving Texas City police vehicleby The Daily News on March 21, 2023 at 3:45 am
A 72-year-old man died and a 31-year-old woman was critically injured in crash that occurred in La Marque involving a Texas City police vehicle.
- Man accused of dousing woman in flammable liquid, authorities sayby The Daily News on March 21, 2023 at 2:45 am
The woman was taken to the University of Texas Medical Branch John Sealy Hospital. Police Monday didn't have information about her condition.
- Man held on $190,000 bond after drug bust, authorities sayby The Daily News on March 21, 2023 at 2:30 am
The Galveston County Organized Crime Task Force executed warrants about 8 a.m. in 1000 block of 11 1/2 Street, seizing a wide array of drugs, authorities said.
- League City man shoots wife and then himself, authorities saidby The Daily News on March 21, 2023 at 1:15 am
The police department received a welfare check request about 9:30 a.m. Monday for a man who had not shown up for work, officials said.
- Fire reignites at Texas City auto parts storeby The Daily News on March 18, 2023 at 9:00 pm
Hot spots remaining from the first fire caused the reignition, Chief David Zacherl said.
- Middleton bill aims to do away with state windstorm insurerby The Daily News on March 18, 2023 at 4:30 am
State Sen. Mayes Middleton files a bill to eradicate the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association and force private insurers to take its place.
- Rattled residents fear ruin from Galveston ferry projectby The Daily News on March 18, 2023 at 3:30 am
People living near a $10 million construction project at the Galveston-Port Bolivar Ferry landing say they're being shaken and stirred.
- Medical students celebrate during annual Match Dayby The Daily News on March 18, 2023 at 2:00 am
On a cold and blustery St. Patrick’s Day, fourth-year medical students and their families packed into the Health Education Center at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston on
- Attorneys seek 'class' status for La Marque petitionerby The Daily News on March 17, 2023 at 4:00 am
The lawsuit asserts Lowry is the representative of an unknown number of La Marque residents who have been subject to “political discrimination” and also deserve damages, according to court records.
- League City residents rally behind replacement of iconic lighthouseby The Daily News on March 17, 2023 at 3:00 am
Community members and lighthouse advocates are devising a plan to bring a new lighthouse to the South Shore Harbour.