Galveston Crime Log
Police News Police News
- Statue of League City's namesake dedicatedby The Daily News on May 14, 2022 at 11:30 pm
League City officials, historical society members, residents and descendants of J.C. League gathered Saturday at League Park to dedicate a statue of the city’s namesake.
- Pier 21 is smokin' with 26th annual Yaga's Wild Game and BBQ Cook-offby The Daily News on May 14, 2022 at 11:00 am
Cook-off teams gathered Friday at Pier 21 in Galveston for the 26th annual Yaga’s Wild Game and BBQ Cook-off.
- County-owned ATV stolen from storage lotby The Daily News on May 14, 2022 at 3:00 am
Someone entered through a gate that was supposed to be padlocked and removed a Kawasaki Mule ATV, according to a police report.
- Motorcyclist killed in early morning Texas City crashby The Daily News on May 13, 2022 at 3:30 pm
The crash happened in the 2500 block of Loop 197 South, police said.
- City investigating what caused Galveston Causeway light pole to fall downby The Daily News on May 13, 2022 at 3:00 am
A falling light pole damaged five vehicles on the causeway on Monday. Officials have ruled out crashes, weather, faulty bolts and construction as potential causes.
- Dickinson woman found dead in trunk had been missing for daysby The Daily News on May 12, 2022 at 1:57 pm
The woman had been reported missing almost a week ago, police said. Her relatives on social media said her car had been found days before the body was discovered.
- Baby formula shortage has Galveston County parents helping, huntingby The Daily News on May 12, 2022 at 3:30 am
A national shortage of baby formula began in February, but appears to have reached a critical level in recent days. Now, some county parents are banding together to help each
- Battleship Texas Foundation sets out to sink rumorsby The Daily News on May 12, 2022 at 3:00 am
With repair details set, the group in charge of preserving the historic battleship USS Texas says it's time to set the record straight.
- Galveston couple arrives to find home had sailed awayby The Daily News on May 10, 2022 at 6:45 pm
A woman is charged with taking a 52-foot-yacht on an unauthorized ride across Offatts Bayou on Monday.
- Traffic-stopping I-45 bridge work forces changes in commutes, commerceby The Daily News on May 10, 2022 at 3:00 am
After lengthy delays at north of the Galveston Causeway this weekend, island officials are planning for what replacement of the Santa Fe Overpass bridge means.
- Ken Clark, longtime Galveston County commissioner, dies at 58by The Daily News on May 9, 2022 at 12:00 pm
A county commissioner representing northern Galveston County since 1998, Clark was a trailblazer in Galveston County's conservative movement.
- Question of the week: Should Roe v. Wade be overturned?by The Daily News on May 8, 2022 at 10:00 pm
Last week, a leaked draft opinion suggested that the U.S. Supreme Court could be preparing to overturn the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade case that legalized abortion nationwide. The decision
- Man found shot to death on Spruce Drive in Dickinsonby The Daily News on May 8, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Police are asking for help identifying who shot and killed a 19-year-old Bacliff man.
- Here are the council and school district winners around Galveston Countyby The Daily News on May 8, 2022 at 4:45 am
Who won in Dickinson, Friendswood, Kemah and other races
- Brown, other incumbents reelected, Bouvier elected, to Galveston councilby The Daily News on May 8, 2022 at 4:00 am
Incumbent Mayor Craig Brown defeated opponents Roger "Bo" Quiroga and Benjamin Herndon. All council incumbents retained their seats.
- La Izquierda blends music, surfing during annual festivalby The Daily News on May 8, 2022 at 3:00 am
The island’s surf culture was in the spotlight Saturday with the La Izquierda Surf & Music Festival at Menard Park. Surfers of all ages hit the waves to compete on
- Galveston County Democrats call for action before federal lawyers arriveby The Daily News on May 8, 2022 at 2:54 am
Democrats are encouraging local voters to speak to the Justice Department about the effects of Galveston County's new county commission map.
- Galveston LULAC holds annual Cinco de Mayo Fiestaby The Daily News on May 8, 2022 at 1:00 am
The Galveston chapter of the League of United Latin American Citizens on Saturday held their annual Cinco de Mayo Fiesta at the Galveston County Courthouse, 722 21st St. in Galveston.
- League City hosts annual music festival and barbecue cook-offby The Daily News on May 8, 2022 at 12:30 am
The 66th annual League City Music Festival & Bar-B-Q Cook-off on Saturday was back at Walter Hall Park after a two-year break due to the pandemic. The free, two-day event,
- Two children die in early morning Galveston house fireby The Daily News on May 7, 2022 at 10:48 pm
Two children died after their house caught on fire in the East End early Saturday.