Galveston Crime Log
Police News Police News
- Woman found dead from apparent suicide behind McDonald's in Galvestonby The Daily News on February 21, 2024 at 5:06 pm
Police didn't say how exactly the woman, who was from out of town, died but the body bore wounds that appeared to be self-inflicted, police spokesman Kurt Koopmann said.
- Texas City firefighters working to quell Del Sol apartment fireby The Daily News on February 21, 2024 at 1:48 pm
The fire still was burning at a single building in the complex, 3501 25th Ave., at about 7:50 a.m., Fire Chief David Zacherl said.
- League City man charged with endangering child in chaseby The Daily News on February 21, 2024 at 1:48 pm
An 11-year-old relative of the man was found in the front passenger seat of the car uninjured.
- Missing teen found safe 400 miles from Galveston, police sayby The Daily News on February 20, 2024 at 6:09 pm
The 15-year-old girl had gone missing from the 7000 block of Seawall, according to police.
- German U-Boats in the Gulf of Mexicoby The Daily News on February 20, 2024 at 1:00 pm
Were there German Submarines offshore Galveston during World War II? Yes. Let's take a look!
- Trash truck scam suspect extradited to Galvestonby The Daily News on February 20, 2024 at 3:00 am
Sheriff's deputies on Sunday booked Fawn Ann Sloan, 52, into the county jail on a $1.4 million bond in connection to the trash truck scam that cost the city more
- Galveston police charge man after armed robbery, chaseby The Daily News on February 18, 2024 at 11:15 pm
Police arrested and charged one of the two suspects identified as Tobias Galan, 31, of Galveston.
- Island outage leaves thousands in East End powerlessby The Daily News on February 17, 2024 at 11:41 pm
CenterPoint estimated it could restore power by 8 p.m.
- Trail riders wind through Galveston County bound for Houston Rodeoby The Daily News on February 17, 2024 at 5:39 pm
Houston-bound trail riders hit the road in Galveston County on Saturday for a leg of the Texas Independence Trail Riders Association’s annual ride to the Houston Rodeo.
- Galveston attorneys see big money in rental lawsuitsby The Daily News on February 17, 2024 at 2:00 am
Two lawsuits the city of Galveston filed Feb. 9 are the second and third the city has filed within a year against short-term rental owners accused of being delinquent on
- Dee Ann Haney found guilty of negligent homicideby The Daily News on February 17, 2024 at 12:00 am
The court granted Haney a personal bond, which the judge said was rare, that will keep her out of a jail cell through the punishment phase set to start on
- Dee Ann Haney found guilty of negligent homicideby The Daily News on February 16, 2024 at 6:15 pm
Jurors deliberated for three hours on Thursday afternoon and about four hours Friday morning.
- Colorado deputies arrest Wyoming teens implicated in League City 'threat'by The Daily News on February 16, 2024 at 5:46 pm
League City residents last week were panicking on social media about reports that two Wyoming teens planned a school shooting in the city. League City police said the threats were
- Christians begin Lenten season with observance of Ash Wednesdayby The Daily News on February 15, 2024 at 4:45 am
Christians around the world began the religious season of Lent, the 40-day period leading up to Easter, on Wednesday with the observance of Ash Wednesday, during which the foreheads of
- Pickup truck plows into Galveston smoke shop, nail salonby The Daily News on February 15, 2024 at 3:15 am
The driver told police she thought she hit the brake, but hit the gas pedal instead, crashing into smoke shop Still Smokin, 4601 Fort Crockett Blvd., and the adjacent Modern
- Island chamber employee charged with DWI in Tuesday crashby The Daily News on February 14, 2024 at 6:10 pm
Police charged Darlene Lucchesi, 60, of Friendswood, with driving while intoxicated in connection to a crash on Ferry Road at about 8:40 p.m. Tuesday.
- Santa Fe woman, Tutu Live Krewe dancer dies in Houston shootingby The Daily News on February 14, 2024 at 5:15 am
Lisa Randall Blackburn was killed Monday while working at an apartment complex she managed in Houston, a friend said.
- Fat Tuesday parade wraps up Mardi Gras in Galvestonby The Daily News on February 14, 2024 at 5:00 am
The Mystic Krewe of Aquarius on Tuesday wrapped up Mardi Gras celebration in Galveston with their annual Fat Tuesday parade.
- Will Galveston Bay Freeze Over...Again?by The Daily News on February 13, 2024 at 1:00 pm
Did you know that we have first-hand accounts and photo evidence of Galveston Bay freezing over? From 1821, through the late 1800s, Galveston has witnessed ice on the bay from
- Two-time Emmy-nominated comedian cherishes his Galveston County rootsby The Daily News on February 13, 2024 at 5:45 am
Ashton Womack was born on the island and was raised in Texas City and La Marque. He went on to become a stand-up comedian and a two-time Emmy Award nominee