Galveston Crime Log
Police News | The Daily News Police News | The Daily News
- Galveston father searching for missing teenage daughterby The Daily News on August 5, 2021 at 3:00 am
A man looking for his missing daughter has asked the community for help.
- Dickinson councilman H Scott Apley, hospitalized with COVID-19, dies at 45by The Daily News on August 4, 2021 at 3:54 pm
It was unknown early Wednesday whether Apley had been vaccinated against the virus.
- With a cousin in ICU, La Marque resident promotes vaccinationby The Daily News on August 4, 2021 at 3:15 am
Lawrence Rodriguez died Monday after weeks hospitalized with COVID-19. His wife, also hospitalized with COVID, asked her children to get vaccinated, unlike their parents.
- Sand pumping project gets underway at Babe's Beach in Galvestonby The Daily News on August 4, 2021 at 3:00 am
It will take about four months to finish laying the sand west of 61st Street.
- Dickinson councilman on ventilator after contracting COVID-19by The Daily News on August 3, 2021 at 8:00 pm
It's unknown where H Scott Apley contracted COVID-19 or whether he was vaccinated.
- Not everybody knows their names: Change sweeps through Galveston's neighborhood jointsby The Daily News on August 3, 2021 at 3:45 am
Many of the island's most time-honored watering holes have emerged from COVID-19 shutdowns at least a little different.
- Texas audit proposed by GOP would miss minor but real errorsby The Daily News on August 3, 2021 at 2:00 am
A group of Texas Republicans wants to audit the 2020 election results in just the large, mostly Democratic counties across the state. If they get their way, they’ll miss many
- Decomposing body found in shed in Galveston Countyby The Daily News on August 2, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Investigators don't suspect foul play in the death.
- Galveston residents not happy about golf cart retrofit expensesby The Daily News on August 2, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Newer carts may already have all the safety gear necessary after new city rules passed. Other carts may need several hundred dollars worth of equipment.
- Question of the week: Are you worried about the rising number of delta-variant COVID cases?by The Daily News on August 1, 2021 at 9:30 pm
As of July 30, the University of Texas Medical Branch had 113 COVID-positive patients across six hospitals and four campuses. Twenty were on ventilators. Of the admitted patients, 5 percent
- Inside a KKK murder plot: Grab him up, take him to the riverby The Daily News on August 1, 2021 at 5:00 pm
PALATKA, Fla. (AP) — Joseph Moore breathed heavily, his face slick with nervous sweat. He held a cellphone with a photo of a man splayed on the floor; the man
- Many Republicans uneasy about party's future, poll saysby The Daily News on July 31, 2021 at 10:00 pm
A new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research captures widespread unease among Republicans over everything from the direction of the country to the state of American
- Man dies in League City jail custody, Texas Rangers investigateby The Daily News on July 31, 2021 at 9:11 pm
Authorities identified the dead man as Corey Paul Denton Davis, 36, of Galveston.
- As campuses prepare to open, some families in Galveston County continue to home schoolby The Daily News on July 31, 2021 at 3:45 am
The number of families home schooling their children doubled during the pandemic, according to a survey by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Galveston attorney John Eckel, a ‘true gentleman,’ dies at 85by The Daily News on July 31, 2021 at 2:30 am
John Eckel was a partner at the Mills Shirley law firm in Galveston and vice president of the Sealy & Smith Foundation, which provides private funding to the University of
- 'I'm more worried now than I was 18 months ago,' UTMB doctor saysby The Daily News on July 30, 2021 at 8:21 pm
Vaccinated people can carry as much virus as others, study shows.
- Biden orders tough vaccination rules for federal workersby The Daily News on July 30, 2021 at 2:00 am
“It's an American blessing that we have vaccines for each and every American. It’s such a shame to squander that blessing," President Joe Biden said.
- As COVID cases rise, some Galveston County businesses require masks againby The Daily News on July 29, 2021 at 6:34 pm
Some businesses have cited concerns over the delta variant and the safety of their staff as reasons to reintroduce some pandemic protocols.
- Port of Galveston pursuing shore power to reduce ship emissionsby The Daily News on July 29, 2021 at 3:45 am
The Port of Galveston and Texas A&M University at Galveston are partnering to study whether offering power connections to ships berthing at the island's public docks is worth the cost.
- Teen wanted in Mississippi arrested after four hours on the lamby The Daily News on July 29, 2021 at 3:35 am
The 16-year-old had escaped from a police holding cell will handcuffed and shackled, police said.